Warning to drivers as Earith bridge remains closed due to flooding
- Credit: Archant
A road in Earith has remained closed since Sunday due to extreme flooding in the area.
Drivers are being urged to take alternative routes as the A1123 Earith Bridge both ways, between B1050 Shelfords Road and Bridge End, remains closed.
Residents are being warned that the due to the uneven surface of the road, water may be deeper in places.
Earlier in the week flooding affected Riverside Park in Huntingdon and St Neots as well as the Welney Wash.
Carol Holt, flood duty manager at the Environment Agency, said: "Following wet weather over the past week and with more rain forecast, there is a continued risk of flooding in large parts of England over the festive period.
You may also want to watch:
"We continue to monitor rainfall and river levels closely and to operate our flood defences, reducing the risk of flooding to thousands of homes and businesses.
"Sadly around 100 properties have flooded since Thursday, but over 18,500 properties have been protected by flood defences across England.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
"We advise people to sign up for flood warnings, stay away from swollen rivers and not drive through flood water - just 30cm of flowing water is enough to float your car."
If you have any pictures from the flooding that you would be happy to share, please contact email@example.com.