Warning issued after Woodwalton chimney fire

Fire-tape

- Credit: Archant

The fire service has warned homeowners to get their chimneys swept following a fire in Woodwalton yesterday (September 29).

A crew from Sawtry was called to the chimney fire in Raveley Road at 11.10pm.

Firefighters extinguished the fire using chimney rodding and returned to their stations by 12.50am.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter