The fire service has warned homeowners to get their chimneys swept following a fire in Woodwalton yesterday (September 29).

A crew from Sawtry was called to the chimney fire in Raveley Road at 11.10pm.

Firefighters extinguished the fire using chimney rodding and returned to their stations by 12.50am.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

A fire service spokesman said: "Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire."