Warning from fire service after windows are shattered by explosion
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters are reminding residents to keep flammable items well away from heat after a deodorant can exploded in a Huntingdon home, causing an explosion which shattered windows.
Crews from Huntingdon were called to a house in Mill Road, Hartford, at 12.47pm yesterday (Sunday) after being made aware that an explosion had occurred in the property.
When crews arrived the fire was out, and no one was seriously hurt, but a spokesman for the fire service said that firefighters ventilated the property and advised the residents on fire safety.
Firefighter Scott Wormald, Huntingdon black watch, said: “The cause of the incident was a small compressed gas can of deodorant was close to a gas hob heat source, causing this to expand and then explode.
“The explosion caused windows that were in a different room about 10m away to smash, and cracking also occurred to plaster work. This is a timely reminder to residents to keep flammable items, however small, away from heat sources and closely follow storage instructions.”
You may also want to watch:
Crews returned to station by 1.45pm. Four adults and one child went to Hinchingbrooke Hospital, in Huntingdon, for precautionary checks.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess