Warning as heavy showers and thunderstorms due to hit Huntingdonshire
- Credit: Archant
Heavy rain is on its way to Huntingdonshire this afternoon (Thursday), forecasters have warned.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for Cambridgeshire and the rest of East Anglia as heavy showers and thunderstorms are likely to hit the region between midday and 3pm.
“Scattered heavy showers and thunderstorms are likely to develop across the area today and last into the early evening,” the Met Office’s chief forecaster said. “The public should be aware of risk of localised surface water flooding and the possibility of difficult driving conditions.
“A slack area of low pressure will move eastwards across southern Britain today. The air mass will be moist and unstable, allowing heavy showers and thunderstorms to break out.
“The distribution of these remains uncertain, and many localities within the yellow area will miss out on heavy rain.
You may also want to watch:
“However, showers could become aligned into slow-moving bands giving some places 10-15 mm of rain in less than an hour with a low risk of 30 mm or more in three hours in the worst affected spots.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives