Warning after incense sticks cause fire in Keyston
- Credit: Archant
A warning regarding the use of incense sticks has been issued by the fire service after a fire at a home in Keyston yesterday (Tuesday).
The crews from Huntingdon and Thrapston, were called to a house fire on Loop Road at around 10:30am.
Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the fire, before using a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke.
Both crews returned to their stations by 1pm.
A fire service spokesman said: “The fire was started by incense sticks that had been left unattended.
You may also want to watch:
“Incense and candles can be dangerous if left unattended so always ensure they are placed in a draught-free area, well away from curtains, furniture or other flammable surfaces.
“Make sure you leave plenty of space around the area and ensure that the surface is flat and stable.”
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'