Firefighters have urged homeowners to ensure their chimneys are regularly swept after a fire broke out in Great Gransden.
Fire crews from Gamlingay was called to a chimney fire in Waresley Road, shortly after 6pm, last night (Monday).
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “A chimney fire had broken out and the crew used chimney rodding, ladders, working at height equipment and a hose reel to put it out.”
Firefighters returned to their station by 8.20pm. An investigation revealed that the cause of the fire was accidental.
The spokesman added: “Please ensure you keep your chimney swept regularly and brickwork inspected at least once a year to help prevent a chimney fire.”