Warning after bonfire spread to trees in St Neots
A BONFIRE spread to trees at a home in St Neots yesterday.
A fire crew from St Neots was called to the fire on The Crescent at 10.50am.
Firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the fire and returned to their station by 11.20am.
A crew from St Neots returned to the scene later to re-inspect the incident and carry out a home fire safety check at the property. The cause of the fire was accidental.
Jon Paul Jones, watch commander at St Neots, said: “This bonfire was too big for the garden. Where possible residents should use recycling to get rid of garden waste.
You may also want to watch:
“If you are having a bonfire, make sure it is an appropriate size, well away from anything flammable and keep a bucket of water or hosepipe handy at all times.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity