A fire crew from St Neots was called to the fire on The Crescent at 10.50am. Firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the fire and returned to their station by 11.20am. A crew from St Neots returned to the scene later to re-inspect the incident and carry out a home fire safety check at the property. The cause of the fire was accidental. Jon Paul Jones, watch commander at St Neots, said: This bonfire was too big for the garden. Where possible residents should use recycling to get rid of garden waste. If you are having a bonfire, make sure it is an appropriate size, well away from anything flammable and keep a bucket of water or hosepipe handy at all times.