Warboys wind turbine plans to be unveiled
- Credit: Archant
Proposals for a new wind farm near Warboys are to go on display this week.
Energiekontor UK Ltd will be holding a public exhibition on its plans for land off the A141 High Fen Straight Drove, opposite the Red Tile wind farm.
Manager of the High Fen Wind Farm project, Justin Reid, said the designs were at an early stage and the number of turbines had not been decided, only that there would be less than the 12 at Red Tile.
“Our studies, as they evolve, will give us more of an idea of the constraints across the site,” he added.
“The studies will continue and, if all goes to plan, there could be a planning application at the start of next year.”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition will be held at Warboys Parish Centre, High Street, Warboys (PE28 2TA) from 3-8pm on Wednesday (June 11).
Mr Reid said there would be other opportunities to comment on the project at future exhibitions and a website - www.highfenwindfarm.co.uk - would be available from next week.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan