Walk of Fame event to raise money for Breast Cancer Support Group
- Credit: Archant
A ‘walk of fame’ aimed at raising money for a breast cancer support group will take place at Grafham Water in May.
A group who call themselves Hollywood or Bust has organised the event and is urging people to sign up to walk, cycle or jog around the reservoir in Perry.
Hollywood or Bust members, many of whom have had breast cancer, raised £7,000 last year from the proceeds of a calendar they produced, which featured members of the group.
Some of the money raised from the event will be donated to the Woodlands Centre at Hinchingbrooke to purchase some new equipment which will benefit all patients who undergo treatment there.
“Above all we want to raise awareness of breast cancer, as well as encourage a community spirit on May 6 by getting as many people together as possible to enjoy a day out in the fresh air ( hopefully sunshine)- raising funds for a very worthwhile cause at the same time,” said Macmillan breast care nurse specialist, Mel Scholes.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: Entrance fee is £15 per person and all proceeds will go towards the Hinchingbrooke Breast Cancer Support Group, under 16’s go free. The event starts at midday. More information and registration details are available on the group’s Facebook page.
Mel Scholes is pictured with colleague, Lorraine Walker and members of the group.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives