Voting begins in search for best Huntingdonshire takeaway
VOTING has opened in the bid to find the best takeaway in Huntingdonshire.
As part of The Hunts Post Food and Drink Awards, readers are being given the chance to vote for the area’s best takeaway using a text message.
The shortlist for the award has been whittled down to four, which are:
Original Thai in Huntingdon (1001)
Oriental Delight in St Neots (1002)
You may also want to watch:
Welcome Chinese in St Ives (1003)
Flaming Wok in St Ives (1004).
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
The finalists, along with those shortlisted in all the other categories, will be invited to the awards ceremony taking place at the Old Bridge Hotel in Huntingdon on Wednesday, October 17. All the other categories in the awards, which are supported by Huntingdonshire District Council and the Federation of Small Businesses, are being decided by our independent judges.
You can vote as many times as you like – Just text: THP TAKE followed by the number of your vote selection and your name to 80058, eg THP TAKE 1001 JOHN SMITH.
Texts cost 25p plus your standard network charge.
Closing date for voting is October 12, 2012.