Voting begins to find winner of £1,000 grant for sports club or community initiative
- Credit: Archant
Mick George Ltd, in association with The Hunts Post, has announced its Skip of Gold finalists in which it is providing a local sports club or a community project with the opportunity to win £1,000.
The Huntingdon based construction business that specialises in skip hire, waste management, aggregate and concrete supply, as well as bulk earthworks and demolition services has welcomed applicants in need of financial assistance.
Throughout the year, Mick George Ltd is continuously supporting local communities in which the business operates, providing sponsorship arrangements both financially and practically through its service or product provisions.
Some of its existing sporting sponsorships include Godmanchester FC, St Ives Town FC and St Neots FC Academy, on top of other major grants issued to St Ives Corn
Exchange and Wood Green Animal Shelter for facility improvements.
You may also want to watch:
Additionally, community based support includes funding for Huntingdon Commemoration Hall.
Jon Stump, joint chief executive at Mick George Ltd, said: “Skip of Gold is an initiative which allows us to delve a little deeper to uncover what it is the people of Huntingdon and the surrounding areas are involved in so we can invest our money in projects that will directly benefit.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
To find out who has been nominated and how you can vote, log on to: www.mickgeorge.co.uk/huntsgoldvoting
Voting opens on March 27 and closes on April 23. The winner will be announced on May 1.