Volunteers help with makeover for town’s park and ride site
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Park and Ride has been given a makeover, thanks to the hard work of dedicated volunteers and a little assistance from Mick George.
The company, based in Huntingdon, has supported the annual makeover for two years, providing materials and manpower to help to improve the planting and shrubbery that lines the entrance to the car park.
In the latest round of work, 12 large planters were cleared of ivy and brambles, before being filled with materials ahead of the planting.
To complete the project, gravel was utilised to mulch around the plants. Informative signage was also added. The work was completed by volunteers from St Ives in Bloom.
The donation of materials was valued at about £1,500, with Mick George supplying three skips, 15 tonnes of topsoil and six tonnes of gravel.
Jon Stump, finance director at Mick George, said: “The visual transformation on site is remarkable and makes the experience a far more enjoyable one for those using it.”
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 6 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 8 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 9 Christmas Light Switch On's are back this year
- 10 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month