Volunteer your time for this year’s Poppy Appeal in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of this year’s Poppy Appeal in St Neots are appealing for volunteers to come forward and help out.
Andrea Marr, of business TL Cobbold, is organising this year’s Royal British Legion-backed appeal and would like to hear from anyone who can spare some time to help raise funds.
Last year, the appeal in St Neots and Eynesbury raised more than £18,000 and Andrea is hoping to raise a similar amount again this year.
She said: “The more people we can get to help out, the more chance we can raise lots of money. We normally have a team of about 40 volunteers and there are a variety of different roles available.”
The appeal, which raises funds for current and former ex-servicemen and women, runs from October 31 to November 7.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in volunteering should contact Andrea on 01480 476136 or visit TL Cobbold in New Street, St Neots.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'