Visitors have their tastebuds tickled at chilli festival
- Credit: Archant
There was everything from chilli cheese to chilli earrings at a festival in Huntingdon at the weekend.
Organised by BID Huntingdon and Chilli Fest UK, the event took place in Commemoration Hall and saw dozens of people come through the doors to enjoy the treats on offer.
As well as myriad varieties of chilli, stall holders were selling jams, chutneys, cheeses, olives, and samosas all infused with the piquant pepper.
It was the second time the festival has come to Huntingdon, following the success of last year’s inaugural event.
Sue Bradshaw, of BID Huntingdon, said: “It was something a bit different and it seemed to go down very well.
You may also want to watch:
“People seemed to like to test their heat taste buds but there were also some milder versions for more sensitive palates.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k