Villagers can buy stamps, envelopes and holidays at Huntingdonshire post office
- Credit: Archant
CUSTOMERS at a Huntingdonshire village post office can pick up a stamp, tax disc … and now a holiday.
Warboys sub post office has become one of the first in the country to provide a home for a ‘mini travel agency’.
Postcard Travel, run through Stewart Travel Limited, offers a wide range of holidays from weekend breaks, cruises, package holidays to overnight stays.
The post office, run by Mike Pierce, will have high-tech computerised kiosks, with integrated TV screens which will offer exclusive travel offers.
Mr Pierce said: “I was selected as one of just 50 out of 9,000 sub postmasters nationwide for the project and I’m really delighted to be able to offer this service to my customers.
You may also want to watch:
“It is important, that if I am to continue to provide valuable services in our community, that the public support this initiative.”
Duncan Wilson, CEO of Stewart Travel, said: “We will work very hard with our suppliers to provide the very best exclusive offers to business people like Mike.
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
“We are putting this kiosk exclusively into sub post offices as we want to help them improve their viability so that they can continue to provide the valuable community services they offer.”