Villagers can buy stamps, envelopes and holidays at Huntingdonshire post office
- Credit: Archant
CUSTOMERS at a Huntingdonshire village post office can pick up a stamp, tax disc … and now a holiday.
Warboys sub post office has become one of the first in the country to provide a home for a ‘mini travel agency’.
Postcard Travel, run through Stewart Travel Limited, offers a wide range of holidays from weekend breaks, cruises, package holidays to overnight stays.
The post office, run by Mike Pierce, will have high-tech computerised kiosks, with integrated TV screens which will offer exclusive travel offers.
Mr Pierce said: “I was selected as one of just 50 out of 9,000 sub postmasters nationwide for the project and I’m really delighted to be able to offer this service to my customers.
“It is important, that if I am to continue to provide valuable services in our community, that the public support this initiative.”
Duncan Wilson, CEO of Stewart Travel, said: “We will work very hard with our suppliers to provide the very best exclusive offers to business people like Mike.
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 3 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 4 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 7 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 9 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 10 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
“We are putting this kiosk exclusively into sub post offices as we want to help them improve their viability so that they can continue to provide the valuable community services they offer.”