Village event will encourage people to try out new sports and games
- Credit: Archant
An event to encourage people to try out sports and games is taking place in Little Paxton on September 16.
Have a Field day, organised by Little Paxton Parish Council, is a community event to showcase the sporting activities available on the village’s QEII playing field.
Parish Councillor Kathy Bishop said: “This is a great opportunity to come along and try the new petanque pitch, netball on the multi use games area, football, walking football, cricket, the outdoor gym equipment and DM Fitness boot camp.
Parish clerk Jenny Gellatly added: “The community petanque pitch and netball are new additions to the playing field. An added extra to the afternoon is Little Paxton Indoor Bowling Club which will have the indoor bowls set up in the village hall for residents to try bowling. The council will also be planting two oak trees on the playing field.”
Little Paxton Football Club and Little Paxton Cricket Club will be running the football and cricket activities.
You may also want to watch:
The event is free and will take place from 2pm till 4pm.
Refreshments will be available in the village hall. Parking is limited in the village hall car park and Little Paxton residents are encouraged to leave their cars at home and walk to the playing field.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home