VIDEO: Kimbolton ATM ram-raider has been on the run for six months after escaping Suffolk prison
- Credit: Archant
A member of an ATM ram-raid gang which targeted a Kimbolton bank has been on the run for almost six months.
Kevin Smith, 29, of Claylake, Spalding, escaped from Hollesey Bay prison, Suffolk, on Monday, September 30, last year when he was just three months into a five-year sentence.
Smith, who has links with Peterborough and Lincolnshire, was found to be missing after a 5pm check and Suffolk police were alerted.
In July last year, Smith was jailed for five years and three months for conspiracy to commit burglary and conspiracy to steal motor vehicle in relation to the raid on the High Street Barclays Bank in September 2012.
Smith is described as white, around 5ft 7in tall, of medium build with dark hair, brown eyes and a goatee beard.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are asking anyone who may have seen him or anyone with information about where he is now to contact them. A spokesman said: “You should not approach him or take any further action.”
Between March 2012 and March 2013, eight prisoners escaped from the open prison, dubbed “Holiday Bay”.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
INFORMATION: If you can help, contact Suffolk Police on 101.