VIDEO: Kimbolton ATM ram-raider has been on the run for six months after escaping Suffolk prison
- Credit: Archant
A member of an ATM ram-raid gang which targeted a Kimbolton bank has been on the run for almost six months.
Kevin Smith, 29, of Claylake, Spalding, escaped from Hollesey Bay prison, Suffolk, on Monday, September 30, last year when he was just three months into a five-year sentence.
Smith, who has links with Peterborough and Lincolnshire, was found to be missing after a 5pm check and Suffolk police were alerted.
In July last year, Smith was jailed for five years and three months for conspiracy to commit burglary and conspiracy to steal motor vehicle in relation to the raid on the High Street Barclays Bank in September 2012.
Smith is described as white, around 5ft 7in tall, of medium build with dark hair, brown eyes and a goatee beard.
Officers are asking anyone who may have seen him or anyone with information about where he is now to contact them. A spokesman said: “You should not approach him or take any further action.”
Between March 2012 and March 2013, eight prisoners escaped from the open prison, dubbed “Holiday Bay”.
- 1 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 2 New business celebrates its grand opening in St Ives
- 3 Huntingdon is 'prime example' of good infrastructure in region
- 4 St Ivo Dance alumnae stars in Britain's Got Talent, the West End and Comic Relief
- 5 Hunts history festival kicked off with a bang!
- 6 School project raises awareness of endangered species
- 7 Singing group will celebrate its silver jubilee with a concert
- 8 St Ivo Academy celebrate the success of its star girls teams and international call ups
- 9 New archdeacon for Huntingdon and Wisbech
- 10 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
INFORMATION: If you can help, contact Suffolk Police on 101.