VIDEO: Huntingdonshire criminals and a drunk man on his way home to feature on Channel 5’s Shops & Robbers: Caught on Camera
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdonshire criminals caught on camera by the CCTV will appear in a TV documentary tonight.
The district council’s CCTV hub was one of three control rooms from across the country to welcome Channel 5’s cameras for Shops and Robbers: Caught on Camera, which is presented by journalist Nick Wallis.
In Huntingdonshire, Jo, a self-proclaimed people watcher all her life, helps foil a gang of shoplifters trying to steal alcohol from a supermarket, a thief who tries to hide - under a CCTV camera - and an inebriated man who’s had a bit too much.
The one-off special also looks at a weapon-wielding ex-employee trying to rob a fish and chip parlour and a shoplifter involving their children in their crimes in Woking Shopping Centre.
A spokesman for the show said: “The show is filled with other acts of brazen criminal daring, all caught on camera, including the ram-raiding gangs that tried to make off with a cash machine. And we get access to one of the Met’s elite video imaging units as they take us through the case of the Romanian jewellery heisters responsible for a crime spree that raked in a million pounds, over seven daring raids.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s another action filled episode that provides an incredible and unique insight into how Britain’s CCTV crusaders are stopping the criminals in their tracks, and keeping our high streets and shopping centres free of crime, so we can focus on the shopping.
“The message is clear: criminals beware, one way or another, you’ll be caught on camera.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
The show is on Channel 5 at 9pm tonight (Wednesday).