VIDEO: Huntingdon woman stars in TV advert with BGT’s Alesha Dixon
LOSING three stones has seen a Hartford woman drop four dress sizes and land a role in a national television advertisement
Liz Stannard was picked as one of 35 main singers for the song Do it Our Way, which was written by Alesha Dixon for a Weightwatchers advert.
Liz, who lost the weight in eight months, features as an underwater singer in the advertisement as well as on the song, which was released on general sale on January 1 and reached number 26 in the charts.
As well as 35 main singers, 180 people were chosen to sing the chorus – each of them a Weightwatchers’ success story.
Liz stars at one minute and 35 seconds into the song, as the first underwater singer, performing the words she wrote herself: “Didn’t like my picture, but loving it now.”
You may also want to watch:
The 46-year-old, who has a 19-year-old daughter, Lily, and is married to Rob, told The Hunts Post: “I saw an advert for people in Weightwatchers to produce a line that described our weight loss.
“I was then asked to audition as a ‘hairbrush singer’ but no one knew what it was for.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
“After that I was picked to be in the advert as an underwater singer as I was one of the only people who could do it.”
Liz was a size 16-18, but decided in 2007 that she wanted to look good in clothes.
By the end of May 2008, she had lost three stones and decided to start running Weightwatchers meetings in Hartford, Whittlesey and Kimbolton.
“The video has been inspirational to my members, as I can say how much the people in the advert had lost,” she added.
And the secret to weight loss success? See it as a way of life and to limit portions and don’t cut anything out completely, Liz advised.
INFORMATION: Weightwatchers’ chosen charity Tommy’s, which funds research into pregnancy problems, receives 25p from each copy of the single sold.