VIDEO: Huntingdon MP Jonathan Djanogly gets a soaking in ice bucket challenge
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon MP Jonathan Djanogly was drenched in ice cold water as he raised money for charity.
Mr Djanogly was nominated for the ice bucket challenge by his staff and has so far raised £65 for the Motor Neurone Disease Association.
Huntingdonshire District Council leader Jason Ablewhite and Andrea Lucken, corporate support officer, had the privilege of pouring water over the 49-year-old on Monday.
Mr Djanogly said: “Anyone who sees me being doused has a moral obligation to go to my Just Giving website and give lots of money to this great cause.”
The MP shivered and screamed as water was slowly poured over his head in front of Castle Hill House, Huntingdon High Street.
“What a bracing start to the morning,” said Mr Djanogly after taking on the challenge. “It beats a party conference.”
Councillor Ablewhite and Ryan Fuller, parliamentary researcher for the MP, were both nominated by Mr Djanogly for their involvement in the ice bucket challenge, which has already raised millions for charity with thousands of people videoing themselves taking part in the internet craze.
- 1 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 2 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 3 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 4 New parklet opens in St Ives
- 5 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 6 Ancient relics from Iron Age discovered during road upgrade
- 7 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 8 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 9 Brampton Park golfers swing into action to raise money for hospice
- 10 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
Money raised for MND will go towards promoting research and improving quality of life for people living with the incurable condition.
INFORMATION: To donate, visit www.justgiving.com/jonathandjanogly.