VIDEO: Huntingdon MP Jonathan Djanogly gets a soaking in ice bucket challenge
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon MP Jonathan Djanogly was drenched in ice cold water as he raised money for charity.
Mr Djanogly was nominated for the ice bucket challenge by his staff and has so far raised £65 for the Motor Neurone Disease Association.
Huntingdonshire District Council leader Jason Ablewhite and Andrea Lucken, corporate support officer, had the privilege of pouring water over the 49-year-old on Monday.
Mr Djanogly said: “Anyone who sees me being doused has a moral obligation to go to my Just Giving website and give lots of money to this great cause.”
The MP shivered and screamed as water was slowly poured over his head in front of Castle Hill House, Huntingdon High Street.
You may also want to watch:
“What a bracing start to the morning,” said Mr Djanogly after taking on the challenge. “It beats a party conference.”
Councillor Ablewhite and Ryan Fuller, parliamentary researcher for the MP, were both nominated by Mr Djanogly for their involvement in the ice bucket challenge, which has already raised millions for charity with thousands of people videoing themselves taking part in the internet craze.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 9 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
Money raised for MND will go towards promoting research and improving quality of life for people living with the incurable condition.
INFORMATION: To donate, visit www.justgiving.com/jonathandjanogly.