Video: How to make the most of Cambridgeshire life through new social network Streetlife
Share information, advice and opinions with your neighbours on streetlife.com – the exciting new social network brought to you by us!
Do you have something to say or ask about your area?
Maybe there’s an issue that concerns or frustrates you, or something you enjoy locally that you’d like to talk about?
We have teamed up with streetlife.com to provide our readers with a simple place to voice opinions and share practical information and advice with people living nearby.
The local social network is a new addition to our websites that connects you with your neighbours so you can swap recommendations, alert people to important news, discuss the things you love about Cambridgeshire, and have a little grumble about those you don’t.
You may also want to watch:
Catherine Gill, Digital Editor of Archant Herts & Cambs explained that it was like chatting over the garden fence but with lots of people, and at times that suited you.
“streetlife.com makes it easy for people who lead busy lifestyles and those who are less mobile to become more involved locally – and better connected neighbours build stronger, safer and friendlier communities,” she said.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
Richard Avery, digital director of Archant Anglia, is excited about seeing readers engaging online.
“By pooling their knowledge and experience on streetlife.com, the people of Cambridgeshire will create a really useful and unique source of local intelligence and support, and that’s why we’re encouraging everyone to get involved and spread the word.”
Not only will your conversations be seen on streetlife.com, they’ll also be displayed on our website, and we’ll be featuring conversations and trending topics in the newspaper.
- Go to streetlife.com and sign up with your postcode and email address. It’s free and easy, and you’ll automatically be linked to the people and conversations where you live. You can post messages, events, polls and pictures, and locals will be able to respond. And you can help out your neighbours by sharing your knowledge, opinions and advice about the area.