St Ives murder: victim named
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the death of a woman in St Ives have named the victim.
Police were called at 7.30am on Monday (22 February) with reports of a sudden death at an address in St Ives.
Although the victim has not yet been formally identified, police believe it to be Wieslawa Mierzejewska, 59, of Norris Road, St Ives.
A post-mortem was inconclusive and we are awaiting the results of further tests.
Ernest Grusza, 40, of Norris Road, St Ives, has been charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
He has been remanded and is due to appear at Cambridge Crown Court on March 26.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or via web-chat quoting incident 47 of 22 February. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity