Vehicles destroyed after arsonists set fire to outbuilding in Houghton
- Credit: Archant
A boat and two vehicles were destroyed by arsonists in an attack on an outbuilding in Houghton on Thursday.
Crews from Huntingdon and St Ives were called to reports of smoke near Green Lane shortly after 3pm.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used jets to tackle a fire in an outbuilding that had spread to involve a boat and two vehicles.
“A small cylinder was involved and this was cooled by firefighters.”
Crews remained at the scene for more than two hours.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation revealed that the cause of the fire was deliberate.
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester