Send us your VE Day 75th anniversary ‘stay at home’ photos
- Credit: Archant
Friday, May 8, marks the 75th anniversary of VE Day and while the coronavirus pandemic has put paid to plans for street parties and other gatherings, many people are still determined to mark this momentous occasion.
We have already heard about huge numbers of people in St Neots organising say-at-home parties and the initiative, organised by St Neots resident Sarah Beck, will see hundreds of people taking part.
Sarah is encouraging people to decorate their homes and have a picnic in their garden or lounge from 1pm on May 8.
Sarah, said: “If we can still observe social distancing but create a wonderful community spirit from our homes then that would be amazing.”
“I think it will really lift the spirits of everyone and be something to look forward too.”
You may also want to watch:
The early May bank holiday has been moved to May 8 this year to coincide with the VE Day anniversary.
If you live in St Neots and would like to join Sarah’s group on Facebook then visit: www.facebook.com/groups/1084390848608381/.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
If you are holding a VE Day Stay at Home party or other event, then don’t forget to send us your photos. Send to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.