Vandals severely damage cars in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
COMMUTERS are being advised to park considerately after vandals damaged four vehicles in St Neots last week.
The cars, a SAAB 9-5SE, Vauxhall Corsa, Ford Fiesta and a Citroen Picasso, were scratched while parked in the Longsands Road area of the town between March 13 and March 15.
The police say that extensive damage was caused and that they have increased patrols in the area.
PC Amanda Foreman said: “We believe local commuters who park near the station have been targeted.
“It is important to stress that we don’t believe the victims had committed any parking offences, however we would encourage vehicle owners to park considerately and to report any damage to police.”
Police are urging anyone with information to call PC Foreman on 101.
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 6 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates