Vandals severely damage cars in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
COMMUTERS are being advised to park considerately after vandals damaged four vehicles in St Neots last week.
The cars, a SAAB 9-5SE, Vauxhall Corsa, Ford Fiesta and a Citroen Picasso, were scratched while parked in the Longsands Road area of the town between March 13 and March 15.
The police say that extensive damage was caused and that they have increased patrols in the area.
PC Amanda Foreman said: “We believe local commuters who park near the station have been targeted.
“It is important to stress that we don’t believe the victims had committed any parking offences, however we would encourage vehicle owners to park considerately and to report any damage to police.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are urging anyone with information to call PC Foreman on 101.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 8 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service
- 9 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 10 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school