Van torched by arsonists in Godmanchester
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists set fire to a van in Godmanchester on Sunday.
Firefighters from Huntingdon and Papworth were called to Cambridge Road shortly after 9.30pm following reports that a van had gone up in flames.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters used jets, pumping water from nearby open water source, to extinguish the fire. Cylinders were also involved and were made safe.”
Crews returned to their stations by 11.40pm.
An investigation revealed that the cause of the fire was deliberate.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the police on 101 or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal