UPWOOD: Heart attack victim’s battle for life ends
A WOMAN who battled to stay alive after suffering a heart attack while shopping with her daughter has died earlier today.
The 82-year-old woman collapsed after suffering a cardiac arrest in Upwood at 2.30pm on Wednesday. Magpas Helimedix were called to the scene and arrived to find the woman’s daughter giving CPR.
Medics took over and gave the woman critical care to revive her before sedating her for the journey to Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon.
The woman passed away after spending 48 hours in critical care. A Magpas spokesman said: “The family can be safe in the knowledge that thanks to the incredible quick reactions of her daughter with the CPR she managed to keep her mum alive.
“She was given the highest quality care. We are very sorry it happened in this way. It is so miraculous for a lady of mature years to survive a cardiac arrest. She was clearly a very remarkable woman and so was her daughter.
You may also want to watch:
“The family have said they will be in contact with us in the future.”
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 4 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 5 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 6 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 7 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 8 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 9 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 10 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs already this year