UPDATED: Bomb experts called to Offord Cluny after metal object found in water
BOMB disposal experts were called to Offord Cluny after a mystery object, that turned out to be a metal bollard, was spotted in the river.
BOMB disposal experts were called to Offord Cluny after a metal object was spotted in the river.
A Royal Engineers bomb disposal team was alerted on Sunday after a boater spotted an object in the water near private moorings.
The team remained at the scene on Monday and police set up a cordon along a section of the river just off Station Lane.
Nearby house boaters were evacuated.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “There is an object in the water, although it is not clear what it is. It requires further investigation and teams will soon start diving.”
There had been reports that the object was a wartime bomb but on further investigation the object was found to be a metal bollard.
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 6 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 7 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 10 Astronomers at Alconbury are searching for signs of alien life in space