UPDATE: Woman who died in Godmanchester crash is named as Louise Hardy, from Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
A woman who died in a crash with a lorry in Godmanchester last night (Monday) has been named.
Louise Hardy, 33, of Huntingdon, was driving a Ford Focus along the A1198 near Lattenbury Hill when she collided with a Mercedes lorry at about 9.30pm.
The driver of the lorry, a 60 year-old-man from Skegness, was uninjured.
Two fire crews released the woman from the car, and extinguished a fire in the engine, before returning to base by 10.55pm.
The road was closed for about six hours.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Paul Tanner said: “I would like to hear from anyone who was travelling on this part of the A1198 and witnessed either vehicle in the moments leading up to the incident or saw the collision.”
INFORMATION: Call the roads policing unit on 101.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding