UPDATE: Woman named following A428 fatal collision at Croxton
The 61-year-old woman who was killed in a crash on the A428 yeaterday has been named as Celia Hanbury.
Bedfordshire authorities confirmed she was a former councillor on Bedford Borough Council.
Police are still are appealing for witnesses following the collision which took place on the A428 at Croxton, near St Neots, yesterday afternoon at 2.50pm.
Ms Hanbury was driving a blue Ford Focus Zetec when it was involved in a collision with a Scania lorry.
She was declared dead at the scene. The driver of the lorry was not injured but was treated for shock.
You may also want to watch:
The crash, east of the Croxton crossroads, closed the A428 between the A1198 Ermine Street junction in Caxton Gibbet and the B1428 Cambridge road junction in St Neots for six hours.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or has information should call the Cambridgeshire Police’s road policing unit on 101.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 3 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire