UPDATE: Two men die after Alconbury crash
- Credit: Archant
Two young men have died following a crash near Alconbury yesterday (Monday).
Philip Watkin, 23, of Rusts Lane, and Jordan Gardner, 22, of Brookside, both in Alconbury, died after the incident in Buckworth Road, Alconbury Weston, at about 3.25pm.
Mr Gardner was driving and Mr Watkin was a passenger travelling in a black Honda Civic when it was involved in a collision with a blue Ford Escape.
Mr Watkin was said to have died at the scene, while Mr Gardner was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, where he later died.
A second passenger, a 19-year-old man from St Ives, suffered serious injuries and was taken to the same hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Ford, a 41-year-old man from Alconbury, suffered minor injuries and was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital, Huntingdon.
Alongside police, nine East of England Ambulance Service resources including ambulances and ambulance cars were sent.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
An East Anglian Air Ambulance was also scrambled to the incident. Anglia Two medics Dr Adam Chesters and critical care paramedic Mark Milsom arrived at 4.08pm, where they treated a man in his 20s who had suffered a cardiac arrest and were joined on the scene by Magpas shortly after.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service sent a crew and a rescue vehicle from Huntingdon and a crew from St Neots who assisted the paramedics.
Pc Ian Gray, investigating, said: “I would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or either vehicle in the moments leading up to the incident.
“In particular I am keen to trace the driver of a white car who was travelling on the road shortly before the crash who may have seen the incident behind them.”
More to follow.
INFORMATION: Contact PC Gray on 101.