UPDATE: Two men die after Alconbury crash
- Credit: Archant
Two young men have died following a crash near Alconbury yesterday (Monday).
Philip Watkin, 23, of Rusts Lane, and Jordan Gardner, 22, of Brookside, both in Alconbury, died after the incident in Buckworth Road, Alconbury Weston, at about 3.25pm.
Mr Gardner was driving and Mr Watkin was a passenger travelling in a black Honda Civic when it was involved in a collision with a blue Ford Escape.
Mr Watkin was said to have died at the scene, while Mr Gardner was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, where he later died.
A second passenger, a 19-year-old man from St Ives, suffered serious injuries and was taken to the same hospital.
The driver of the Ford, a 41-year-old man from Alconbury, suffered minor injuries and was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital, Huntingdon.
Alongside police, nine East of England Ambulance Service resources including ambulances and ambulance cars were sent.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 6 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 7 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
An East Anglian Air Ambulance was also scrambled to the incident. Anglia Two medics Dr Adam Chesters and critical care paramedic Mark Milsom arrived at 4.08pm, where they treated a man in his 20s who had suffered a cardiac arrest and were joined on the scene by Magpas shortly after.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service sent a crew and a rescue vehicle from Huntingdon and a crew from St Neots who assisted the paramedics.
Pc Ian Gray, investigating, said: “I would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or either vehicle in the moments leading up to the incident.
“In particular I am keen to trace the driver of a white car who was travelling on the road shortly before the crash who may have seen the incident behind them.”
More to follow.
INFORMATION: Contact PC Gray on 101.