UPDATE: St Neots factory fire still smouldering
A FIRE crew is still at the scene of a factory in Eaton Socon where a fire broke out on Monday.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said that the remains of the Boardcraft Limited building, on the Howard Road Industrial Estate, were still smouldering on Wednesday morning and that one of its crews had been at the site overnight.
“We will reassess the situation on Wednesday and see if we can get the structural engineer to examine the building and start removing some of the piles of debris,” a spokesman said.
The fire at the timber factory started at about 9am on Monday and at its height there were six fire crews tackling the blaze.
Two firefighters were taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon to be treated for heat exhaustion.
You may also want to watch:
Boardcraft owner Bill Chambers said that his second factory on the site was still open for business.
“Broadcraft is up and running and open for business,” he told The Hunts Post. “Luckily we have two factories and the fire only attacked one of them.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash