UPDATE: Rowan Atkinson discharged from hospital after McLaren F1 crash in Cambs
COMEDY legend Rowan Atkinson has been discharged from hospital following a crash in his McLaren F1 supercar in Cambridgeshire last night.
The 56-year-old Blackadder star is thought to have lost control of the �650,000 vehicle while driving on the A605 at Haddon, near Peterborough, at around 7.30pm.
The car is thought to have spun off the road, before hitting a tree and catching fire. Mr Atkinson was taken to Peterborough City Hospital with a minor shoulder injury and stayed at hospital overnight.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “One crew from Stanground, one crew from Dogsthorpe and a rescue vehicle from Dogsthorpe were called to a report of a car fire on the A605 near the Haddon services.
“This was a fire caused by a single vehicle road traffic collision. The driver of the vehicle was out of the car before the arrival of firefighters.
“Crews extinguished the fire using one hose reel.”
Mr Atkinson - regarded as one of the finest comedy actors of all time for his work on Not the Nine O’Clock News, Blackadder and Mr Bean - is renowned for his love of fast cars.
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 3 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 4 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing
- 5 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 6 Could you give these pets a home?
- 7 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 8 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 9 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 10 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
He recently recorded the fastest lap time in BBC Top Gear’s “Star in a Reasonably Priced Car” feature.