UPDATE: Rowan Atkinson discharged from hospital after McLaren F1 crash in Cambs
COMEDY legend Rowan Atkinson has been discharged from hospital following a crash in his McLaren F1 supercar in Cambridgeshire last night.
The 56-year-old Blackadder star is thought to have lost control of the �650,000 vehicle while driving on the A605 at Haddon, near Peterborough, at around 7.30pm.
The car is thought to have spun off the road, before hitting a tree and catching fire. Mr Atkinson was taken to Peterborough City Hospital with a minor shoulder injury and stayed at hospital overnight.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “One crew from Stanground, one crew from Dogsthorpe and a rescue vehicle from Dogsthorpe were called to a report of a car fire on the A605 near the Haddon services.
“This was a fire caused by a single vehicle road traffic collision. The driver of the vehicle was out of the car before the arrival of firefighters.
You may also want to watch:
“Crews extinguished the fire using one hose reel.”
Mr Atkinson - regarded as one of the finest comedy actors of all time for his work on Not the Nine O’Clock News, Blackadder and Mr Bean - is renowned for his love of fast cars.
- 1 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 2 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 7 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 8 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 9 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 10 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
He recently recorded the fastest lap time in BBC Top Gear’s “Star in a Reasonably Priced Car” feature.