UPDATE: Road reopens after ‘severe incident’ closes A14 at Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
A “severe incident” forced part of the A14 to close this afternoon (Wednesday).
The westbound carriageway between Godmanchester and Spittals Interchange was blocked and traffic is reaching back to Swavesey.
Officers closed the carriageway at 3pm but reopened both lanes at 4.30pm.
Police had urged drivers to avoid the area.
A diversion has been set up, taking traffic along the A1198, A428 and the A1, though this is increasing pressure at the Caxton Gibbet roundabout.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire police refused to explain the reason for the closure.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 10 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph