UPDATE: Police renew appeal for witnesses of fatal crash near Godmanchester
- Credit: Archant
Police are re-appealing for witnesses of a crash near Godmanchester in which a man died.
Lee Curling, of Saunders Close, Huntingdon, was killed when the Vauxhall van he was driving left the road and crashed near Corpus Christi Farm, on the B1043 Offord Road on Thursday (March 26).
The 42-year-old’s van had earlier been in a collision with a black BMW 520 near The Bell pub in Great Paxton.
Both vehicles then headed towards Huntingdon on the B1043 and the fatal crash took place at about 8.50pm.
The driver of the BMW, a 45-year-old man, was not injured, a police spokesman said.
The road was closed until 3am on Friday (March 27) while an investigation was carried out.
Pc Jason Porter said: “I would like to speak to anyone who saw this crash but, particularly, the driver of a white or light-coloured Mini that was being followed by Mr Curling as he approached Station Lane - the road to Buckden from Offord Cluny - and the driver of another vehicle that was travelling towards Huntingdon and was overtaken by Mr Curling’s van and then the BMW on the B1043 on the outskirts of Offord Cluny moments before the crash.”
- 1 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 2 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 3 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 4 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 5 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 6 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 7 Community invited to Paxfest and to get tails wagging at the Fun Dog Show
- 8 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 9 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 10 Police searching for missing man discover body
INFORMATION: Anyone who can help police with their inquiries should contact PC Jason Porter, at the collision investigation unit, on 101.