UPDATE: Police renew appeal for witnesses of fatal crash near Godmanchester
- Credit: Archant
Police are re-appealing for witnesses of a crash near Godmanchester in which a man died.
Lee Curling, of Saunders Close, Huntingdon, was killed when the Vauxhall van he was driving left the road and crashed near Corpus Christi Farm, on the B1043 Offord Road on Thursday (March 26).
The 42-year-old’s van had earlier been in a collision with a black BMW 520 near The Bell pub in Great Paxton.
Both vehicles then headed towards Huntingdon on the B1043 and the fatal crash took place at about 8.50pm.
The driver of the BMW, a 45-year-old man, was not injured, a police spokesman said.
The road was closed until 3am on Friday (March 27) while an investigation was carried out.
Pc Jason Porter said: “I would like to speak to anyone who saw this crash but, particularly, the driver of a white or light-coloured Mini that was being followed by Mr Curling as he approached Station Lane - the road to Buckden from Offord Cluny - and the driver of another vehicle that was travelling towards Huntingdon and was overtaken by Mr Curling’s van and then the BMW on the B1043 on the outskirts of Offord Cluny moments before the crash.”
- 1 Evidence of Huntingdon's past revealed during excavations
- 2 BID's new Huntingdon town manager
- 3 Bypass and junction improvements preferred plan for St Ives
- 4 Camp Beagle protestor has charges against him dropped
- 5 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 6 St Neots man in court on drugs charges
- 7 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 8 Anglian Water seeks funding to secure the future of an ancient Sea Monster
- 9 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 10 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
INFORMATION: Anyone who can help police with their inquiries should contact PC Jason Porter, at the collision investigation unit, on 101.