UPDATE: Overturned lorry on A14 Spittals roundabout to cause havoc during evening rush hour
AN overturned skip lorry is expected to stay in place until late this evening, causing mayhem on the A14.
Firefighters were called to the Spittals roundabout at 11.13am and cut the driver, a man in his 40s, free from the cab.
Magpas Helimedix Doctor Ali Tompkins and paramedic Donna White also went to the scene.
The driver suffered minor head injuries, cuts and bruises and has been taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
Dr Ali Tompkins said, “This man was extremely fortunate, given the nature of this incident. We expect him to make a full recovery.”
The lorry is believed to have been carrying scrap metal.
One lane of the roundabout has been closed and the crash is causing delays of up to 30 minutes.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 3 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 4 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 5 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 6 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 7 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
- 8 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 9 Site cleared after 'grenade' prompts alarm
- 10 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
The lorry is due to stay on the road until later this evening when it can be recovered.
The Highways Agency says normal road conditions are expected at 1am tomorrow.