UPDATE: Overturned lorry on A14 Spittals roundabout to cause havoc during evening rush hour
AN overturned skip lorry is expected to stay in place until late this evening, causing mayhem on the A14.
Firefighters were called to the Spittals roundabout at 11.13am and cut the driver, a man in his 40s, free from the cab.
Magpas Helimedix Doctor Ali Tompkins and paramedic Donna White also went to the scene.
The driver suffered minor head injuries, cuts and bruises and has been taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
Dr Ali Tompkins said, “This man was extremely fortunate, given the nature of this incident. We expect him to make a full recovery.”
The lorry is believed to have been carrying scrap metal.
One lane of the roundabout has been closed and the crash is causing delays of up to 30 minutes.
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 Could you give these pets a home?
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 8 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 9 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 10 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
The lorry is due to stay on the road until later this evening when it can be recovered.
The Highways Agency says normal road conditions are expected at 1am tomorrow.