UPDATE: Man talked down from Huntingdon bridge
ONE side of the A14 has been closed as police officers talk to a man seen on a bridge near Huntingdon railway station.
A MAN has been talked down from a bridge near Huntingdon railway station.
The man left the bridge at 4.15pm following negotiations with police officers.
Crowds of passers-by, commuters and students on their way home from school had gathered near the bridge to watch the situation unfold, with the man sitting with his feet dangling over the road below.
The westbound A14 and Brampton Road had been both been closed since 2.30pm, and a police helicopter was also deployed to the area.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said that tailbacks on the A14 had stretched to Girton, but that as of 4.30pm, all roads had been re-opened.
- 1 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 4 All UK adults to be offered Covid vaccine by September, says Government
- 5 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 6 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 7 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 10 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal