UPDATE: Man due in court after fatal lorry crash near Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged in connection with a fatal crash on the A141 near Huntingdon last week.
Phil Asplin, 59, of Cedar Close, March, died after the lorry he was driving was involved in a collision with another HGV just after 2.30pm last Tuesday (March 10).
Mr Asplin’s vehicle caught fire instantly and the blaze spread to the second lorry.
The driver of the second lorry, Vasile Chindris, 23, from Percival Road, Hornchurch, Essex, suffered serious injuries and was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
Yesterday (Tuesday), officers arrested the 23-year-old and he was questioned at Huntingdon Police Station.
You may also want to watch:
This morning, police revealed Mr Chindris has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving.
He has been remanded in custody and will appear before Cambridge magistrates today (Wednesday).
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
Officers remain keen to speak to anyone who saw the crash, or the lorries prior.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should call the roads policing unit on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.