UPDATE: Huntingdon ring road reopened after crash
HUNTINGDON ring road has now opened following a serious car accident earlier today.
Three fire crews worked to free a trapped female motorist from a vehicle involved in the incident close to the town’s bus station shortly before 11am.
Police closed the road and vehicles were diverted along St Mary’s Street and Hartford Road.
Two crews and the rescue vehicle from Huntingdon Fire Station attended the scene, along with police, the ambulance service and a Magpas team.
Two cars were involved in the collision and one of the cars had overturned.
The Magpas team assessed a woman in her 60s who was suffering from chest pain and was trapped in the car but they didn’t find any major injuries. The Helimedix worked alongside the ambulance crew on the scene to get her out of the vehicle onto a spinal board, to protect her back.
The patient was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital in an ambulance. On arrival at the hospital, she was in a stable condition.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 7 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse