UPDATE: Drivers warned to avoid A428 at Eltisley after lorry crash
- Credit: Archant
Rush-hour drivers are being warned to avoid the A428 between the Caxton Gibbet roundabout and St Neots after an incident involving an overturned lorry.
The road is currently blocked in both directions and is not likely to reopen for at least five hours. Police are advising drivers to use alternative routes on the A1198 and the B1040.
Police were called at 12.21 to reports of a lorry in a ditch and put closures in place from the Caxton Gibbet roundabout.
The driver of the lorry, a man in his 50s, is being treated for serious, but not life-threatening injuries.
The cause of the collision has not yet been established but police believe there were no other vehicles involved.
You may also want to watch:
Two fire crews attended the scene and supported ambulance staff.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire