UPDATE: Driver killed in serious three-vehicle crash on A141 near Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
A driver has died after a serious accident on a major route in Huntingdon this afternoon.
Emergency services are still at the scene of a crash involving three vehicles on the A141 close to the Wyton-on-the-Hill roundabout, which happened at 2.35pm.
Cambridgeshire police confirmed one person has died in the crash. Another driver has been taken to hospital with minor injuries.
Two lorries were on fire and smoke was seen as far away as Huntingdon town centre.
The A141 between the Hartford roundabout and Wyton-on-the-Hill has been closed and delays are expected.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said a call was made at 2.25pm after a crash between two heavy goods vehicles and a van. He added one HGV was turned on its side and on fire. The fire then spread to the other lorry.
Fire engines from Huntingdon, St Ives, St Neots, Cottenham, Ramsey and Chatteris are on the scene.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
More to follow.