UPDATE: Driver killed in serious three-vehicle crash on A141 near Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
A driver has died after a serious accident on a major route in Huntingdon this afternoon.
Emergency services are still at the scene of a crash involving three vehicles on the A141 close to the Wyton-on-the-Hill roundabout, which happened at 2.35pm.
Cambridgeshire police confirmed one person has died in the crash. Another driver has been taken to hospital with minor injuries.
Two lorries were on fire and smoke was seen as far away as Huntingdon town centre.
The A141 between the Hartford roundabout and Wyton-on-the-Hill has been closed and delays are expected.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said a call was made at 2.25pm after a crash between two heavy goods vehicles and a van. He added one HGV was turned on its side and on fire. The fire then spread to the other lorry.
Fire engines from Huntingdon, St Ives, St Neots, Cottenham, Ramsey and Chatteris are on the scene.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 4 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 5 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 8 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 9 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
More to follow.