UPDATE: A141 re-opened after tractor spills potatoes
TWELVE tonnes of potatoes were spilt over the A141 when a tractor overturned this morning (Friday).
The incident happened at 11.20am at the Spittals roundabout.
A tractor pulling a trailer full of potatoes overturned, spilling its load over both lanes of the road at the roundabout between Washingley Road and Latham Road, Huntingdon.
The road was been closed in both directions until around 2pm as a clear-up operation took place.
“There are potatoes everywhere,” said a police spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
Calls to The Hunts Post have reported traffic backing up in both directions from the incident, and motorists are advised to avoid the area.
Cambridgeshire police have arrested a 38-year-old man of no fixed abode on suspicion of driving without due care and attention.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess