UPDATE: A1 reopens at St Neots as three people are injured in six-vehicle crash
- Credit: Archant
The A1 is shut southbound at St Neots after a serious crash involving six vehicles.
Emergency services were called to the southbound carriageway, between Little Paxton and the A428, just before 7.40am.
Magpas Helimedix, three ambulances, a rapid response vehicle, and a paramedic officer attended the incident. An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said three people were injured, two with back injuries and one with leg injuries.
He added that two of the injured were taken to Bedford General Hospital and the other was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital, in Huntingdon.
A spokesman for the Cambridgeshire police said: “This is a lot of disruption as there is a lot of traffic. There is a van involved where the occupants could have injuries, but it is not clear at present.”
You may also want to watch:
The road was reopened shortly after 10am.
More to follow.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder