UPDATE: 21-year-old Huntingdonshire woman who died after being hit by car while cycling has been named as Lisa Wilson of Warboys
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old woman from Huntingdonshire who died in a crash has been named.
Lisa Wilson, of Station Road, Warboys, was cycling with a 17-year-old from Warboys along the B1040 Ramsey Road, near Pondersbridge, at about 9pm yesterday (Sunday) when a Vauxhall Astra crashed into them.
Ms Wilson, who was cycling from Whittlesey towards Pondersbridge, suffered fatal injuries and the 17-year-old sustained slight injuries. The driver of the Astra, a 68-year-old woman from Yaxley, was not injured.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service (EEAS) said: “We were alerted to Ponderidge Road at 8.31pm. We sent an ambulance, a response car and the East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA) to the scene.
“A female believed to be in her 20s was taken to Addenbrookes Hospital by land ambulance in a serious condition.”
You may also want to watch:
An EAAA spokesman added: “Anglia Two was tasked to a serious incident near Ramsey in Cambridgeshire. A female cyclist, in her early twenties, had collided with a car on the B1040. Captain Chris Sherriff flew critical care paramedics Jemma Varela and Gary Steward.
“The EEAS team were already on scene and had successfully resuscitated the patient, who also had serious head and abdominal injuries.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 8 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
Officers would like to speak to anyone who saw the cyclists or the car just prior to the incident.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should call PC Pete Bimson in the roads policing unit on 101.
n To leave a tribute, comment on the story below or email email@example.com.