Ukulele players hand over thousands of pounds to air ambulance charity
- Credit: Archant
A group of ukulele players from Upwood have raised more than £10,000 for the Mapas air ambulance.
On May 5, the group held a concert at Upwood Village Hall which raised almost £1,000, taking their fundraising total past £10,000.
Dotty McLeod, a honorary member of Upwood Ukuleles and presenter of the Radio
Cambridgeshire Breakfast Show, joined the band for their final couple of numbers, and Bob Elvis, a local poet, provided an amusing interlude between the two sets of music.
Formed in February 2014, Upwood Ukuleles has gone from strength to strength, playing at a variety of events ranging from WIs and day centres to private parties, social evenings and festivals.
You may also want to watch:
They include a wide assortment of musical styles and instruments in their shows.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her