Two women - one pregnant - die in Ramsey crash after car careers into ditch
- Credit: Archant
A pregnant woman driver and passenger have died after their car careered into a water-filled ditch in Ramsey.
The incident took place along Puddock Road at 11.30am yesterday (June 7).
A silver Nissan Qashqai was travelling southbound when it left the road and careered into the ditch.
Emergency services attended but the driver, a pregnant woman aged in her 20s, and passenger, aged in her 50s, were pronounced dead at the scene.
The road has now reopened.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information or dash cam footage should contact police on 101 quoting incident 142 of June 7.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 5 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 6 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 10 Police investigation closed into deaths of two men in Hunts village