Two Ramsey schools set to unite to secure and maintain high standards
- Credit: Archant
Two Ramsey schools may be set to join forces as part of a federation.
Ramsey Spinning Infant School and nearby Ramsey Community Junior School are proposing to form a partnership to secure and maintain the highest standards at both schools.
If it is given the go-ahead, the federation will have a single governing body and a single executive headteacher, who will be responsible for both schools. Currently, Patsy Peres is the headteacher of the infant school and acting headteacher of the junior school.
Existing staff would continue to be employed to work in one or other school in line with their current contracts. There are no plans to change the admission criteria for either school.
A Cambridgeshire County Council spokesman said: “The ultimate aim is for both schools to be judged as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted.
You may also want to watch:
“Other benefits of a federation include making the best possible use of collective skills, knowledge and experience and initiating joint professional development initiatives for staff.”
The governing bodies of both schools are keen to hear the views of parents and the wider community as part of a consultation, which runs until July 2.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
A joint meeting of the two current governing bodies will then take place on July 15, with representatives from Cambridgeshire County Council, to consider the outcomes of the consultation and the make-up of the proposed federation governing body.
INFORMATION: The questionnaire can be completed at www.surveymonkey.com/s/HDKGVWB or comments can be sent via email to email@example.com.