Two people taken to hospital following collision in Buckworth Road, Alconbury Weston
A MAN has been taken to hospital after he was injured in a two-vehicle collision at Alconbury Weston this morning.
The driver of a Ford Mondeo had to be cut free from the car by firefighters after it was involved in a collision with a silver BMW at 7.45am in Buckworth Road.
Ambulance crew treated the man and another casualty at the scene, before rushing them to Hinchingbrooke Hospital. Both were described as alert and breathing normally.
Neither are thought to have life-threatening injuries.
Cambridgeshire police closed the road for three and a half hours while the vehicles were recovered and damage to the road surface was repaired.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Anybody who witnessed the collision should call police on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse